01 February 2011

Wedding: Antonio & Melanie


Melanie and Antonio got married already during the xmas season of 2009. It was a very special privilege for me to photograph their wedding as I've known these two almost from the very beginning when I started my business in Malta. The image above, a photo Mel and Antonio in a frame, is from 2006 (right Mel?). Melanie had just graduated from university and Antonio hired me to take some fun graduation pics of her. Yikes, how I excited I was when I met them for the very first time and now a few years later I was so excited again to capture their most special day in their lives. The fabulous thing is that Mel has a younger sister, Sam, who is getting married this year and guess who's the photographer ;-) I guess we'll write some more family history together. Truly looking forward!

When I walked into Melanie's room I found the sun!


The heels

A quick chat. Mel was just getting ready from make-up.


I was pretending to photographs the perfume but in truth I love Mel's perfect nails. Wish mine would like this

The radiant bride

Sisters: Sam and Mel
I simply love this photo!


Bride's arriving at church

And Antonio is waiting patiently to get the first look


The church is beautiful and got some personal family history

*sigh* mum's getting all emotional - for those moments I live as a photographer


Soaking in the moment

I think Mel felt the emotions rising inside of her too

The moment the couple starts to relax
"MARRIED"!

Walking into the reception area

The Radisson's Grand Ballroom

A winter inspired cake, doesn't it look great!


Oh, how much I adore Melanie's grandmother! Met her many times before the wedding and she simply has a heart of gold!

They have a very close relationship

We had a few minuted during the reception to go up to the hotel room. Their wonderful wedding coordinator had prepared champagne and the couple read their personal cards to each other.

Must have been some loving and emotional words


The first dance


It's just a glimpse but Mel's eyes tell a big tale



In Malta it's a tradition for the bride and groom to serve their guests the wedding cake, while the bride serves only to male guests and the groom only to female guests.


Saying good-bye

Thanks for having me Mel and Antonio & families! Looking so forward to the next part of your story.
Much love, Jess

2 comments:

Melanie said...

THANKS JESS :) xxx
Mel

Jessica C. Moritz said...

You are so welcome!!!

xxx