06 November 2009

IDO November Issue 09


The brand new issue of IDO is out now! If you are getting married, grab one as this will be your secret bible to planning your wedding. Well yeah, it's November and you know what this means: It's the official month in Malta for everything bridal and wedding related. The Wedding Fair 09 at MFCC is in full swing, we have open houses of caterers, venues, bridal botiques and with all this wedding buzz going on, I thought I plan something special for IDO's cover.
It's officially unofficial the month of love (and my birthday :) and I thought what better if we have a real (yes a REAL) couple on the cover! One immediately popped to my mind... I secretly hoped and prayed as I knew these two would be fabulous to grace the cover. There was only one small problem: these two lovebirds are not even engaged yet and even more problematic, they are from Gozo. How am I going to convince them to pose on a national bridal magazine in wedding outfits?! Probably the whole village will start gossiping.. have you heard...
But these two are simply amazing and just went for it!

And here are my two new superstars:
JP (Jean-Paul) and Vee (Veronica):


I really have to thank JP. When I mentioned to use 1950's Italian films as an inspiration, JP organized an antique vespa. I won't go into details.. but it was quite a ordeal to move this old thing around. Thanks JP!




The backdrop was perfect for an old school flavour.



A young and flirty bouquet by Julie Lupi - Floral Expressions


Gozo has many beautiful places .. all a little tucked away...


The little bag from Wedding Bells... I wish I could take it home with me.. I would treat it very well...

I always used to pass by this bridge and thought I would like to shoot there someday


Now, this is my secret place and my heart made loops when we shot there



Yes, these two embody "romance and tenderness of newlyweds in love" (Josanne Cassar, Independent on Sunday, Nov. 1st, 09).


Last 2 frames after we had already finished but I just couldn't put my camera down.


I would like to thank all people involved.
Here is a list with all vendors and persons:

Models: JP and Vee
Dress: Marquita of Wedding Bells
Men's suit: Joe of Cefai Formal Wear
Hair: Flavia
Make-up: Gaby
Flowers: Julie Lupi- Floral Expressions

A special thanks to Josanne Cassar (editor) and my precious Fran whose support means a lot me.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE THOSE PICS JESS!

Jean-Paul and Veronica just look sooooo adorable and in love... Such a cute couple!

Sarah (again) said...

Sorry, another comment from me. It is really great to see a real couple on the cover of the I DO magazine.

The atmosphere you created is truly special. Love the 2nd and 3rd and 5th pic best.... but in a way they are all great!

Anonymous said...

Super Bilder - tolles Cover - viel Emotionen - Gl├╝ckwunsch Mama

carolina said...

I love the italian theme - and the shots on gozo - it captures
the romance of the couple and the place beautifully - well done
jess