31 August 2009

Pre-Wedding: Maureen & George PART I


Maureen and George are something, something crazily fun, down to earth and special that you cannot help yourself but love these two!
Maureen has been following my blog, I think, from nearly the beginning and when I got the call she got engaged I was over the moon to be her photographer! When I heard her fiance was a photographer, I nearly p**d in my pants! Yep, I was scared!
When they came to me, I learned about their unique story.. well.. of their life and their love story and how things tend to work out myteriously by themselves, especially when you least expect it. Yes, life has its very own dynamics.

One big factor that connected the two is this place and the famous magazine below:


This shop is not only Maureen's work place but also Mr. photographer source of inspiration :)


No, Maureen doesn't usually sit on the counter and waits for George to come by but for Today we were free to roam the place and do as we please :)




We LOVE magazines and silly faces!

Maureens favourite literature at the moment ;-)


You got to see this big (click on the image to blow it up)


Our second stop of the day was actually their first point of real contact. George also works for the Gozo ferry.. yes on that fatal day, George stopped Maureen from bording.


Not because he was smitten by her beauty but because it was simply "nearly full up". This almost drove Maureen to tears as she just wanted to get home to her little girl.
Yes we tried to recreate a very frustrated look....

..but when these two see each other, I see more smiles than unhappy faces


No wonder Maureen's heart made a small jump when she saw George in his uniform!


Our third part (but not the last!) was at Ramla Bay. This place means a lot to them. Yes, we got their red, errm, blue tent... as this tent is a haven for itself.

Babe, welcome to your future home...

Yeah, this is inspired by the "American Gothic"... I said inspired... takes a bit to sink in.. I know..


Maureen and George are one of the most natural people I ever came across


and they are nothing short of many surprises, you have to see their expressions! They make me smile from ear to ear! The last one is the famous "Titanic Shot"



here in perfect form:

I want to see this on your wedding day!


They also have the fierceness factor!


Multplied by two

This cracks me up!




and more affection I can't wait to see on your big day




One of my favorites. It just eptomises all the fun and spontaneity of these two!


I also want to add that George was pretty much amazing in explaining my new camera to me. I just invested in a new Canon system (I am a Nikon and Canon shooter) and he showed me all the little tricks up the sleave of my new beauty (nearly all images were shot on the new Canon 5D MarkII). Muchas Gracias and it was really a breeze to have you two.
Keep looking for the final part of our day out together! It will get even better!

2 comments:

carolina said...

Wow, happiness just exudes from these photographs - I defy anyone
to look at them and not end up smiling :-)

Edel said...

what beautiful pictues!! i've known maureen for ever....and i guess she's never looked so alive and beautiful!!

good luck maur...and well done Jess!

E