19 March 2008

A Day with Miriam Cauchi, Part I

I had to post this session a bit out of order but I wanted to show you how beautiful the countryside is in March. If you think about booking a session, do it NOW! This is the best time to get some amazing natural backgrounds in your photographs. In just a few weeks everything starts drying up and you miss out on all that dramatic luscious green, yellow, pink and purple blue!

A few weeks ago Miriam and I met up for a coffee to discuss her upcoming portfolio session. Miriam Cauchi is a professional opera singer (soprano) and works both locally and abroad. I feel so honored to have been picked to document her personality. It's always flattering to be chosen by another artist. ;-)
It was very important to Miriam to show her not only as the opera singer but as her, e.g. the private person. We opted to split the session in two. Today you are going to see Miriam behind the scenes, relaxed, fun and full of spirit!


Meet Miriam Cauchi


We were looking for some fun, fresh looks and came up with this beautiful field of flowers. They look like thousands of little sparkling lights. Can you see them in the back? What a beautiful place!
IMAGE back online soon! Wait for some great news!

Miriam has AMAZING hair!!!
SOON back online!

We constantly had changing light levels. One time it was extremely sunny, the next moment we had big clouds and shade. It was quite a challenge because I shot the entire session in Manual Mode (if you are a photographer, you'll know what I mean)


I think pink & purple should be Miriam's new colour. I might be biased, tough ;-)



Just love this timeless portrait. The first thing I noticed about Miriam is her strong eye contact with the camera.



I like to joke that this was taken in my front garden. Can you guess where? PS: there is a tiny hint in the background

Love it, love it!

Such a cute and contagious smile



Isn't it so juicy green? You hardly see Malta like this


Another one with the flower field. These flowers have actually wilted already. On my last visit they were gone. How lucky we were!



We also battled with strong wind. I was first concerned about it, especially since Miriam's hair was blow dried and styled for the session. I quickly realized though how much energy it added to her strong personality.

Soon back online!
One last beautiful portrait

I would like to thank Sophia for coming out and assisting me even though she felt sick. Thanks my sweetie!

Make-Up: Natasha Polidano (Thanks for making it on such a short notice!)
Hair: Tony & Guy, Sliema

Miriam is performing soon. Keep looking out for updates.

2 comments:

Xemx said...

These pictures are great. I just love Miriam's smile and her amazing hair.

Gregory Spiteri said...

Miriam,
Nice photos, nice hair, nice face and eyes that make contact. Congratulations, Keep it up.
And by the way Great performance you did on TURANDOT, Gozo 25th Oct. 2008.
Well Done,
Greg