23 February 2008

My Grandparents

Today, I would like to share something personal with you. The other day, my grandpa sent me his engagement photos. I had been asking for them so many times and finally he got around scanning and sending them via E-Mail. Not bad for an 80 year old to figure that out. But I have to admit, my grandpa is a computer freak and uses the PC to stay in touch with his kids and grandkids who live across the world. Last time he called me on Skype. Now that's what I call "keeping up with the times".
Below are their engagement photos. I love them so much! Everyone of their five children has a copy of them hanging in their living room. These photos have truly become a family heirloom.


We always joke and tell Oma & Opa that they look like Hollywood starlets of a bygone time.
I love looking at their faces and analyze what I "got" from each one of them. In fact, a lot of people say I resemble my grandfather. We have the same shape of eyes, lips and shape of face. My mother on the other hand, resembles her mother, my grandma. But all in all it is amazing to see how much we all look alike from my maternal side of the family.


Here is a photo of them just leaving the church. Wedding photography has since come a long way but I think the photographer was already quite a photojournalist!


And here is a photo of their first dance as husband and wife.


I hope you all liked the little trip into the past.

Hugs and kisses to Oma & Opa the best grandparents in the world. Soon they are going to be great-grandparents for the very first time! Congratulations to Timmy and Cathy in Colorado, USA. Can't wait to see you and your little bundle of joy for next christmas under Mama& Papa's christmas tree in Berlin!

2 comments:

edel said...

dearest jess, i love these pics! they're amazing. pls give my best regards to both oma and opa!! any chance of them coming to malta again?!
E

Jessica C. Moritz said...

Hi Edel! I hope Oma and Opa are coming to Malta again. They loved it so much last year in Gozo. They didn't really see anything of Malta though.. so that's a good reason for a return visit. I forward your regards! Thanks sweet!