02 September 2007

Local Band

Recently a local radio station, XFM Radio, held a Virtual Rockstar Competition. Young local bands could participate and showcase their talents. I thought it is a great idea to promote talents from this small island, especially since it is so hard to break into the international music industry here. I think the winner got a record deal with an overseas music company. That's huge for Malta which has many wonderful talents but that often go unheard because funds are just too limited here for promotion, etc.. Anyway, I'd love to share with you today one of the bands that I really love. They have just been playing together since the beginning of the year and I find it incredible how well they sound together. Just see for yourself:
I also want to give a shoutout to Ann de Gaetano who won the competition with her band Slur. Congratulations and keep on going, you're GREAT at what you are doing!

So here is beige (PS: don't care about the video just listen to the music!):

2 comments:

Toni Sant said...

Hi Jessica -

Glad to see that you appreciate this stuff. I just featured Beige on my weekly music podcast. Have a listen at http://www.tonisant.com/podcasts/ and let me know what you think.

The podcast is in Maltese but this could be a good way for you to practice the language. ;-)

Jessica C. Moritz said...

Hi Toni,
tnx for the tip. I was searching everywhere for beige and couldn't find anything! Heading to your place now..