17 October 2006

Portrait Life

You might be wondering what exactly lifestyle photography is all about. Today, I'd like to share with you a bit the insight of one of those portrait life photo sessions. First of all, the least amount of my clients are professional models. In fact, most of them have never posed in front of a professional photographer. And for many of them, just the idea of being photographed had been a little daunting. Frequent question and thoughts that pass the mind are: What do I have to do?, how do I pose or position myself correctly?, or, I hope the photographer doesn't ask me for a cheesy smile!
My priority is to make my client feel comfortable. So before I even begin thinking of taking photos, I always make sure to have met up, talked and discussed about what exactly the prospective client needs, likes, dislikes but also about what colors he/she is going to wear, and which places we are going to use for the session. It will be a mutual planning process, in which both of us will get a good idea about the day of the photo session. The most important part is though, that we will get to know each other, which will ease the tension before a shoot immensly.
At the day of the photo session, I will come to my clients home and we start from there to losen up, and later on we continue to our chosen destinations. All in all, a photosession has to be fun! The essence of a lifestyle portrait shoot is to be and feel spontaneous and is far from those days of conservative portraiture with stiff poses and old fashioned mottled studio backdrops. Instead, we use natural light and the beautiful outdoors to capture you in, resulting in stunning images that reveal your personality. We can do anything you wish, there are basically no limits.

Sometimes it is just a matter of a split second...



... to capture a genuine expression.

No comments: