05 September 2006

A weekend in Gozo

We just came back from a mini vacation from Gozo, the little sister island of Malta. Although Gozo is litterally around the corner, meaning a 15 minute drive and half an hour trip with the ferry, it feels as if you had come to another place. As soon as you reach the shores it becomes apparent that this place has kept its charm and beauty of the old days. Gozo is just right for some off-time from a hectic lifestyle. I was finally able unwind from the past week's stress making time for sun bathing, snorkling, cliff hiking and some exploration of the Gozitan landscape.


This is the view from our apartment, which is situated very close to Xlendi's sea front promenade. I love the cliffs, aren't they fascinating?


If you visit Gozo you have to go to Dwejra and see the Blue Hole (a heaven for divers) and the amazing Azure Window.


We went some cliff hiking and ended up right above another inland sea right opposite the famous Fungus Rock.


Then we headed off to the other side of the island. This view is from Calypso Cave which is overlooking Gozo's favorite beach, Ramla Bay.


In the evening we had lovely sunsets. We would just sit by the beach and wait for the sun to descend. It was so peaceful.


Keep looking out for another more detailed photo essay. I plan of adding a second blog about life in Malta.

3 comments:

Xemx said...

Hi Jessica,

I just came on your website again. Your pictures of Gozo are great. It really feels like I am in Gozo.

I really love your work. I will get married next summer and still couldn't decide for a fotographer. Do you do wedding fotography, too? Or just pictures of models?

Anonymous said...

Du siehst sehr gut aus auf dem Foto!!! cao

Jessica C. Moritz said...

Dear Xemx, congratulations for your upcoming wedding. I'd be delighted to shoot your wedding. Please, get in touch with by using my quick mailer on the front page. Leave your info and I'll get back to you asap!